Labels

Sunday, May 17, 2015

May Ipsy Bag


In the mail, I got my monthly Ipsy bag! Ipsy is a monthly subscription service. For just $10 a month you get a makeup bag filled with five products sent to your mailbox. When you sign up, you take a quiz which helps the people at Ipsy personalize your bag to make sure that you receive the perfect products for what you want and need.


First, let’s talk about the bag it came in this month. These are the Breakups to Makeup bags. I was actually in Sephora last week and saw this brand of makeup bags and thought they were so cute so I was really excited to get this as my Ipsy bag.


BelláPierre Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner

Next thing I saw in my bag was the Bellápierre Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in the color Ebony. This eyeliner is actually a gel consistency in a pencil form. So far, I love it. The color is super super black. It’s super creamy, and it makes my lash line look defined and full. I received a full size which is always exciting.(Retails for $14.99)


Peter Lamas Detoxifying Citrus C Facial Cleanser

Then I saw the Peter Lamas Detoxifying Citrus C Facial Cleanser. This stuff smells like heaven. It is a very basic cleanser. Nothing super special, but it doesn’t strip my skin or leave it feeling oily. I received a 1 oz. bottle which is a decent size as well. (4 oz. bottle retails for $24)


Alterna Hair Care Caviar CC Cream

The Alterna Hair Care Caviar CC Cream was a product that I was really excited to try as well. I’ve heard of BB creams, CC creams, even DD creams for your face but never for your hair. In short, I was really curious. I thought the product was light in my hair despite applying a heavy amount. It made my hair feels soft, and it helped to hold the style. I received a .85 oz bottle. (2.5 oz. bottle retails for $25)


Pixi by Petra Beauty Bronzer

Next in my bag was a Pixi by Petra Beauty Bronzer in the shade Summertime. This bronzer is perfect. It is more brown than orange (because who wants to look like an oompa loompa). It is very matte, and has a great color pay off. The only thing I didn’t like was that the top screws on and off which is kind of a hassle but not a huge deal. I received a 0.16 oz. which is awesome for travel. (Full size retails for $18)


Urban Decacy 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil & Revolution High Color Lip Gloss

Last but not least was a packet of Urban Decay products. Urban Decay is one of my favorite brands so there may have been a small squeal in opening the bag. I received a 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil in the color O-Zone. This lip liner is truly life changing. It goes on so creamy and doesn’t dry out my lips like most liners do. AND it goes on total clear, so you can wear it with any color without disrupting the true color of the product. To go with the liner, I received two small samples of the Revolution High Color Lip Gloss in the colors Failbait (left) and Bittersweet (right). I’m not a huge lip gloss fan but these had really great color payoffs. A bit sticky for my taste, but the color and staying power make up for that. The liner was .02 oz, not sure about how large the glosses were. (Full size is .04 oz and retails for $20)



Overall, I give this months Ipsy bag a 5/5, and I can totally tell I got more than my money’s worth. Get your own subscription to Ipsy here !







No comments:

Post a Comment